Type 2 Daypack (Free Product)

The Type 2 is a multi-use backpack.  It is constructed from the new Robic fabric and features air mesh shoulder straps.  Designed for the weekend warrior or may even be used as a lifestyle pack.



I have personally tested this day pack in the Olympic Mountains - in the form of hiking, cycling, backcountry fishing, urban hiking and even as a photography bag.  It performed well on all aspects.  I was impressed on how comfortable the shoulder straps are.  The two external water bottle pockets also fit my function needs.

This pack can also be used everyday as a lifestyle kit.  My laptop and tablet fit nice-n-cozy inside the hydration sleeve.  The main compartment has enough volume and space for extra layers; much needed while living in the Pacific Northwest!



Gossamer Gear Type 2 Review





Type 2 Hike





Gossamer Gear Type 2










Backpack Specs


- Weight: 15.6 ounces
- Tested Max Weight: 25 lbs
- # of Pockets: 6
- Ice Axe Loop










Day Pack








Hiking Pack








Zipper








Type 2









Personal Backpack Feedback


One of my favorite functions is the removable hip belts.  They have a very minimal design and are lightweight fitting into the Gossamer Gear style.  If I have a light load and don't want the straps in the way I can just take them off and go.  For longer day hikes or heavier loads they are great.  Even with how minimal and lightweight they are I could fit a lot into the zippered pockets!

Unfortunately this pack drives me crazy when not full (maximum capacity). It needs a stiffener in the back rest to help it not to fold over on itself, especially when carrying water in the sidepockets. Because of this, it is now the diaper bag for our new baby.








Hiking hipbelt
Removable Hipbelt








Backcountry Fishing
Gossamer Gear Type 2 - Backcountry Fishing

















Overall


The Gossamer Gear Type 2 is a great multi-use backpack.  It is very lightweight and has a minimalist design. I will continue to use it as a day hike backpack, for short fishing trips, for photography, and even for throwing my laptop/tablet in and exploring the city :)


Updated by Barefoot Jake in August 2015

Disclaimer: I was provided the backpack for this review. This is my opinion alone.